Aunt Delores‘ takes several precautionary steps to help ensure your child stays healthy. When we discover that a child in one of our groups is ill, the child’s parents are notified and are required to pick up their child within an hour of notification. We take care not to expose other children to the sick child in the time that it takes for that child to be picked up.
The Department of Children and Family Services required children exhibiting signs or symptoms of a communicable disease to be removed from a childcare setting. These include, but are not limited to:
- Severe Coughing
- Temperature of 101 degrees or higher
- Exposed, open skin lesions
- Unusually dark urine and/ or gray or white stool
- Yellowish skin or eyes
- Difficult or rapid breathing
- Stiff Neck
If your child shows these signs, please take the following steps:
- Contact Aunt Delores‘ (if we are not aware) that your child is sick
- If you have visited the doctor, let us know the doctor’s diagnosis so that we may pass it on to teachers and other parents.
- Keep your child home until he/she is completely well.
Your child is allowed to return after a 24 hour period of absent symptoms of illness.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to create an atmosphere of love, acceptance, creativity and learning for children from infancy to 5 years, and to provide an affordable, high quality, safe, caring, developmentally appropriate environment for the children in our care. We encourage our children to explore and discover their world daily while creating an atmosphere where the children feel like our center is their home away from home. about us »